At Owl.co, we are a VC- and government- backed team of innovators with the mission of helping insurers and policyholders with unnecessary financial loss from fraudulent, non-eligible claims. We do this using our AI powered product to optimize and automate the insurance claim investigation process, by drastically improving fraud detection up to 10x more than manual processes. Our technology enables us to significantly expedite the claims process, provide more reliable and unbiased decisions regarding each claim, and thereby reducing insurance costs for policyholders. There is currently a huge demand for our product -- we have most of the largest insurers in North America as our clients and are one of the fastest growing insurance technology companies in the industry.
We are well-funded, rapidly growing, and looking to add a Site Reliability Engineer to our team!
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Optimize existing systems, build infrastructure, and eliminate work through automation.
- Create new automation mechanisms to build the foundations for a sustainable, scalable system.
- Build and manage kubernetes clusters.
- Leverage your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis and large-scale system design to manage the complex challenges of scale.
- Apply software engineering principles to infrastructure automation, deployment, scalability, and monitoring solutions.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Research new technologies and work to establish sane defaults, conventions, and processes to evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Keep an ever-watchful eye on our systems capacity and performance.
- Mentor, support, and guide team members.
- Experience with AWS Cloudformation, CDK
- Experience with PostgreSQL and Managed Cloud Databases
- Experience building and deploying K8s with Helm
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience designing distributed systems
- Experience developing software and tooling oriented towards systems automation
- Experience analyzing and troubleshooting systems
- Experience with Linux, networking, and security
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- A systematic, analytical, and pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Remote Work Flexibility
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Wellness Benefits
- Paid Time Off (4 weeks starting vacation package, personal days and sick days)
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Professional Growth
- Beautiful workspace in Vancouver and Toronto office coming soon!
- Amazing culture of collaborative and passionate coworkers