At Owl.co, we are a VC- and government- backed team of innovators with the mission of helping insurers and policyholders with unnecessary financial loss from fraudulent, non-eligible claims. We do this using our AI powered product to optimize and automate the insurance claim investigation process, by drastically improving fraud detection up to 10x more than manual processes. Our technology enables us to significantly expedite the claims process, provide more reliable and unbiased decisions regarding each claim, and thereby reducing insurance costs for policyholders. There is currently a huge demand for our product -- we have most of the largest insurers in North America as our clients and are one of the fastest growing insurance technology companies in the industry.
We are well-funded, rapidly growing, and looking to add a Site Reliability Engineer to our team!
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Optimize existing systems, build infrastructure, and eliminate work through automation.
- Create new automation mechanisms to build the foundations for a sustainable, scalable system.
- Build and manage kubernetes clusters.
- Leverage your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis and large-scale system design to manage the complex challenges of scale.
- Apply software engineering principles to infrastructure automation, deployment, scalability, and monitoring solutions.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Research new technologies and work to establish sane defaults, conventions, and processes to evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Keep an ever-watchful eye on our systems capacity and performance.
- Mentor, support, and guide team members.
- Experience with AWS Cloudformation, CDK
- Experience with PostgreSQL and Managed Cloud Databases
- Experience building and deploying K8s with Helm
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience designing distributed systems
- Experience developing software and tooling oriented towards systems automation
- Experience analyzing and troubleshooting systems
- Experience with Linux, networking, and security
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- A systematic, analytical, and pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- At Owl we recognize that your health is a priority, and we do our best to ensure you are well cared for through our fully paid Health, Vision & Dental Benefit Plan.
- Supplement your benefit plan with Owl’s Flexible Spending Account, available for you to use on personal wellness expenses and/or your favourite activities!
- Your professional career is only one chapter of your life - through our 401k matching program, we help get you set up for the future.
- As we all know, there needs to be a balance between work and life. Cultivate this balance with our generous PTO policy which includes;
- 20 Vacation Days
- 5 Sick/Personal Wellness Days
- Recognized Stat Holidays based on your Region
- PTO over the winter holidays
- We exceed industry standards with our competitive base salaries
- Be more than an ‘Employee’ - take ownership through our equity program
- Bring your friends on board! Help grow our team of top performers and receive a cash bonus through our generous, uncapped Employee Referral Program.
- If you grow, we grow! Your leaders at Owl will always facilitate your professional development throughout the journey with us.
- We know there is no blueprint for a team member’s needs. Enjoy flexibility in the workspace through our hybrid working model.
- Build relationships and work towards meeting shared goals in our collaborative team environment.
- Do you have a four-legged friend at home? Bring them into one of our dog friendly offices!
- Build your relationships on the team at one of our weekly pizza lunches or quarterly company-wide events!
- Coming into the office has its perks, including a variety of snacks, high quality coffee, and wine & beer on tap!