About the Role:
Owl is looking for a high performing Data Quality Analyst who is a self- starter with the ability to collaborate in a team environment. You will be responsible for providing effective data analysis and strategies to help deliver a proactive insurance fraud monitoring, detection, and prevention solution for our clients. This is a permanent position with strong career progression opportunities.
- Perform thorough insurance claim investigations for our clients by analyzing external claimant data from multiple open data sources to identify discrepancies, spot fraud, and eliminate suspicious activity.
- Ensure proper quality assurance by analyzing external claimant data for quality, completeness, and accuracy.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to analyze fraud risks, patterns, and product vulnerabilities; Recommend creative approaches to structuring and manipulating new data within our platform.
- Analyze the overall fact pattern of claims and synthesize data into a professional report with recommendations.
- Share ideas to improve the automation of the insurance fraud investigation process; identify and suggest product and process improvement, including creating scripts to automate certain processes.
- Work on ad-hoc exploratory projects where you are given a broad hypothesis and are asked to arrive at a conclusion.
- Drive efficiency and automation throughout our operations process.
- 2+ years’ experience working in the insurance or financial industry.
- 1+ years’ experience with investigating and analyzing insurance fraud, financial fraud, or financial crimes.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field of study.
- Experience in business process improvement.
- Strong research and investigation skills with in-depth knowledge of public and subscription-based data sources.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with technical teams.
- Organized, structured thinker with the ability to exercise creative, outside-the-box thinking while conducting an investigation.
- Experience leveraging multiple open data sources in investigations.
- High capability of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Disciplined in time management with the stressor to be flexible based on caseload and case management.
Skills and Experience for Success in This Role:
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and patient.
- Self-motivated to explore and undertake new projects.
- Candidates with an OSINT (Open Source Intelligence) certification.
- Experience working in the legal and investigation industry.
- Experience and/or knowledge relating to technology-based fraud prevention solutions.
- Comprehensive understanding of the insurance industry and insurance fraud.
- Prior experience in insurance claim investigations, ideally in the specific fields of disability, workers compensation, or accident benefits (Property & Casualty).
- At Owl we recognize that your health is a priority, and we do our best to ensure you are well cared for through our fully paid Extended Health & Dental Benefit Plan.
- Supplement your benefit plan with Owl’s Health Care Spending and Wellness Spending Account, available for you to use on additional healthcare, personal wellness expenses, and/or your favourite activities.
- Your professional career is only one chapter of your life - through our RRSP matching program, we help get you set up for the future.
- As we all know, there needs to be a balance between work and life. Cultivate this balance with our generous PTO policy which includes;
- 20 Vacation Days
- 5 Sick/Personal Wellness Days
- Recognized Stat Holidays based on your Region
- We exceed industry standards with our competitive base salaries
- Bring your friends on board! Help grow our team of top performers and receive a cash bonus through our uncapped, generous Employee Referral Program
- We know there is no blueprint for a team member’s needs. Enjoy flexibility in the workspace through our hybrid working model.
- Build relationships and work towards meeting shared goals in our collaborative team environment.
- Do you have a four-legged friend at home? Bring them into one of our dog friendly offices!
- Build your relationships on the team at one of our weekly pizza lunches or quarterly company-wide events!
- Coming into the office has its perks, including a variety of snacks, high quality coffee, and wine & beer on tap!