At owl.co, we are a small team of innovators who are on a mission to disrupt the status quo within the insurance industry by using artificial intelligence. We are a privacy-first fraud detection platform that empowers organizations to streamline claims processing and to unlock millions of dollars in reserves while promoting and enforcing individual privacy and convenience. Owl is currently working with many of the largest financial institutions in North America.
We are well-funded, rapidly growing, and looking to add a Senior Clojure Engineer to our team!
- Work on a Greenfield project and collaborate closely with the CTO, Senior Engineers, Machine Learning specialist, Product Manager, and UX Designer to build the next version of our product.
- Lead or contribute heavily to large cross-functional projects that have a significant impact on the business.
- Provide software engineering expertise throughout the product lifecycle including design, implementation, and delivery.
- Actively own, design, and implement new features within the product.
- Lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- Clearly articulate and explain complex, technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers.
- Write understandable, maintainable, and testable code across the stack.
- Assist our skilled support team and operations team in triaging and resolving production issues.
- Be part of hiring, growing the team, and deeply review code.
- Influence the engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Experience with Clojure
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with functional programming
- Knowledge of application architecture and design patterns
- Knowledge of NLP or ML
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Strong CS fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
- A systematic, analytical, and pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Wellness Benefits
- Paid Time Off (4 weeks starting vacation package, personal days and sick days)
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours & work-life balance
- Beautiful workspace in Vancouver and Toronto office coming soon!
- Amazing culture of collaborative and passionate coworkers