At Owl, we tackle one of the most difficult challenges facing insurers around the globe—the right way. We are committed to using data and AI ethically, so insurers and their clients are comfortable with these technologies, and no longer have to pass the costs of malingering, exaggerated, and criminal claims onto their policyholders and bottom-line. We're venture-backed and have already acquired some of the largest insurers as paying clients.
Owl is seeking a versatile Senior UX Designer to advocate for what customers want, need and expect from the product we create. You will be comfortable working independently as well as part of a team to ideate, wireframe, prototype solutions and follow through to production to ensure these solutions are implemented as designed.
- Advocate for our customers by gaining a deep understanding of their work and the challenges they face.
- Collaborate with design, research, product management, and engineering teams to deliver elegant and engaging end-to-end user experiences across various platforms.
- Apply human-centered design principles and best practices.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers, their needs, and problems.
- Conceptualize and prototype product designs.
- Conduct user research via face-to-face Interviews; 1:1 or focus groups.
- Create surveys to gather client feedback.
- Design and perform usability tests.
- Create flows visualizing interaction design and UX patterns.
- Deliver polished UX specifications and UI design assets for development.
- Contribute to our design systems and processes.
- Utilize time management skills to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- Degree in Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience as a UX Designer or Product Designer.
- Expertise with wireframes and prototyping.
- Expertise with Figma or Adobe XD.
- Experience using design components and libraries.
- Bonus Points: motion design and UI coding skills.
A portfolio review is required. Please provide a portfolio showcasing your skills across mobile, web and/or desktop platforms.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Health, dental, vision, and wellness benefits
- Paid Time Off (4 weeks)
- Flexible working hours + work/life balance
- Beautiful offices in Vancouver with a new Toronto office coming soon
- Amazing culture of collaborative and passionate coworkers