Backed by top North American VCs, Owl.co is a well-funded, rapidly growing tech company. We are a privacy-first fraud detection platform that empowers organizations to streamline claims processing and to unlock millions of dollars in reserves while promoting and enforcing individual privacy and convenience. Owl is currently working with ten of the largest financial institutions in North America. We have a brand new, beautiful head office in Yaletown, Vancouver.
Owl are seeking a Senior Financial Controller to lead our Accounting Department. The Controller will manage the accounting department to develop strong accounting processes, controls and accurate and timely financial reports. Attention to detail is paramount. Strong Excel skills are a must.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the monthly close, reconciliation and consolidation processes, operational implementation of new accounting standards, determination of the financial statement impact of business events, vendor payments, customer receipts, payroll processing, and financial analyses.
- Develop new, and improve existing, financial policies, procedures and controls that will support our increasing growth and complexity.
- Plan and direct all accounting operational functions including assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes.
- Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results and providing information vital for decision making.
- Manage the activities of external auditors in connection with the review of the company’s financial statements.
- Identify issues with the company’s internal controls and design and implement solutions to minimize risks in reporting and accounting operations.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting systems, as needed, making recommendations for improvements and to support growth.
- Develop and monitor business performance metrics, providing insights to the business.
- Overseeing regulatory reporting and compliance requirements
- Recruit, lead and develop an exceptional team of skilled accounting professionals, including succession planning.
- CPA Designation
- Experience in a high-growth SAAS environment including familiarity with SAAS metrics.
- Strong financial systems expertise.
- Advanced knowledge of finance, accounting, tax, banking, cash management, cost control principles, and IFRS.
- Proven ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections that support business decisions.
- Experience in developing and implementing financial policies, procedures, and initiatives.
- Ability to present and effectively communicate with senior executives and external stakeholders complex accounting/financial outcomes in an articulate and succinct manner.
- Ability to influence operational/policy changes cross functionally in a positive manner.
- Strong project management skill.
- Experience in recruiting, leading and developing an exceptional team of accounting professionals.
- Leading Inclusive Team: Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals.
- General Management: Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work.
- Strategic Thinking: Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision.
- Developing Others: Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team.
- Remote work flexibility
- Fully covered health and dental benefits
- Paid Time off (4 weeks starting vacation package, personal days and sick days)
- Competitive salary
- Professional growth
- Health and wellness benefits (employee assistance program, monthly spending account, wellness initiatives)
- A generous employee referral bonus program