Owl.co is a software company that enables insurers to fight illegitimate claims at scale, while removing human bias from the process. Our clients are the top insurance companies across North America and are getting incredible results through our AI powered evidence-based platform. We are on a mission to bring state of the art ML and NLP methods to transform this traditionally manual activity into an equitable process. We are well-funded and have engineering offices in New York City, Toronto, and Vancouver.
About the Role:
We are looking for Senior/Staff level engineers who are ambitious and motivated to build distributed systems to solve complex problems. At Owl, you would lead the design, implementation, and production of some of the most impactful systems in the insurance industry.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Collaborate directly with the CTO and the rest of the engineering team to build ML-powered distributed systems and products
- Build internal tools to streamline development and operations
- Work cross-functionally to solve challenging product problems
- Lead technical discussions and help drive technical decisions within the team
- Develop clear, well-documented, and maintainable code across the entire stack
- Contribute to mentoring junior staff and growing the engineering team
- 7+ years of Software Engineering with experience serving in a Staff level capacity
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Expertise in distributed systems
- Recent experience with operating high QPS systems in production
- Substantial experience leading large products/systems from inception to production
- Demonstrated analytical and data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Experience in writing clear and concise planning and requirements documents
We offer a competitive base salary for the roles, which will be determined along with the amount of equity through the interview process and your exact roles and responsibilities.
- Medical: (100% paid for individuals), dental, vision, short - & long-term disability
- Pension: 401K match
- Recharge: 4 weeks of paid time off, additional sick days, and time off over the winter holidays
- Personal development: $1,200/year towards your fitness expenses, favorite activities, or professional development
- Hybrid working environment