The Data Quality Analyst is responsible for providing effective data analysis and strategies to help deliver a proactive insurance fraud monitoring, detection, and prevention solution for our clients.
- Perform thorough and timely insurance claim investigations for our clients by analyzing external claimant data from multiple open data sources to identify discrepancies, spot indicators of fraud, and logically organize evidence for ease of review.
- Ensure proper quality assurance by analyzing external claimant data for quality, completeness, and accuracy.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to analyze fraud risks, patterns, and product vulnerabilities. Recommend creative approaches to structuring and manipulating new data within our platform.
- Analyze the overall fact pattern of claims and synthesize data into a professional report with recommendations.
- Collaborate within and across teams to streamline the fraud investigation process; identify and suggest product and process improvement, including creating scripts to automate certain processes.
- Work on ad-hoc exploratory projects where you are given a broad hypothesis and are asked to arrive at a conclusion.
- Drive efficiency and automation throughout our operations process.
Location: Fully Remote - USA (Must be located in Pacific Standard or Mountain Standard time zone)
- BS or BA degree or equivalent experience demonstrating critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Experience and agility with leveraging multiple open data sources in investigations.
- Strong research and investigation skills with in-depth knowledge of public and subscription-based data sources.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly and concisely document research findings.
- Organized, structured thinker with the ability to exercise creative, outside-the-box thinking while conducting an investigation.
- High capability of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Disciplined in time management with the stressor to be flexible based on caseload and case management.
- Experience with statistics and data analysis.
- 2+ years experience working in the insurance or financial industry.
- 1+ years experience with investigating and analyzing insurance fraud, financial fraud, or financial crimes.
- Ability to write effective technical specifications and requirements documents.
- Ability to translate research and investigation processes to new problem areas.
- Experience in business process improvement.
- The annual salary for this role is $30,000 - $40,000 USD, dependant on previous experience
As part of our benefits package we offer:
- Medical: Full medical, dental, vision, short- & long-term disability
- 401k matching: 100% of the employee contribution up to 3% and 50% of the next 2% from Day 1
- Recharge: 4 weeks of paid time off, additional sick/personal days
- Personal development: $600/year towards your fitness expenses, favorite activities and/or professional development