Backed by top North American VCs, Owl.co is a well-funded, rapidly growing tech company. We are a privacy-first fraud detection platform that empowers organizations to streamline claims processing and to unlock millions of dollars in reserves while promoting and enforcing individual privacy and convenience. Owl is currently working with several of the largest financial institutions in North America. We have offices located in Vancouver, Toronto, New York & Seattle.
We are searching for an exceptional enterprise account executive to focus on our customers and opportunities. The successful candidate will understand our customers’ business objectives and act as their trusted advisor for using Owl most effectively. They will gather customer feedback and requests while working with internal teams to help align our product roadmap. This individual needs to communicate effectively across multiple departments and customers, have the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice and enjoys the challenges of providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment.
If you’re an established sales professional with a proven track record in helping customers achieve lofty goals, this would be a great fit.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the key challenges our customers (L&H and P&C carriers in the US and Canada) face and how our fraud detection solutions solve them.
- Actively develop new business in the US and Canada, including an actionable territory growth plan
- Lead sales activities from initial contact through deal close
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers (technical and business) at current and prospective clients
- Deliver compelling product demonstrations and presentations
- Develop meaningful relationships with industry partners to further mutual growth objectives
- Keep meticulous records in Salesforce
- Create and present accurate, realistic forecasts and unapologetically work through challenges with your team
- Deeply understand our company’s offerings and present as a knowledgeable expert to our prospects
- Prepare detailed quotations, proposals, RFP responses, executive summaries, etc. that exceed client expectations
- Represent the company at trade shows, conferences, industry meetings and virtual events to initiate and progress sales
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the market, including prospects, partners and competitors, and work collaboratively with marketing, product development and other groups to maximize our offerings
- Minimum of 5 years successful sales experience; direct experience in the SaaS and InsurTech space is preferred
- Willingness to travel (30-50% plus)
- Sales experience: must demonstrate ability to exceed sales targets. A strong understanding of the steps involved in a sales cycle and ability to leverage each stage to advance the sale is required
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply proven sales methodologies
- Possess ability to prospect and manage a designated territory to maximize revenue growth
- Ability to gain access to and build trusting relationships with executive levels of an organization and interact with senior level corporate management
- Must be comfortable with the product value proposition and speaking to technical and non-technical executives alike
- Operate with a sense of urgency, be aggressive, competitive, and demonstrate a positive, winning attitude
- Superior time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Negotiate effectively balancing value and time to close
- High levels of business/financial acumen and emotional intelligence
- Possess the ability to understand complex client strategies and tactical requirements and to clearly articulate the company’s offerings to develop solutions that deliver value
- Possess understanding of current web and cloud technologies
- The ability to develop and sustain critical relationships across client and prospect base is essential
- Must have proven ability to expertly use common desktop office and business technologies
- Exceptional overall communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At Owl we recognize that your health is a priority, and we do our best to ensure you are well cared for through our fully paid Extended Health & Dental Benefit Plan.
- Supplement your benefit plan with Owl’s Health Care Spending and Wellness Spending Account, available for you to use on additional healthcare, personal wellness expenses, and/or your favourite activities.
- Your professional career is only one chapter of your life - through our RRSP matching program, we help get you set up for the future.
- As we all know, there needs to be a balance between work and life. Cultivate this balance with our generous PTO policy which includes;
- 20 Vacation Days
- 5 Sick/Personal Wellness Days
- Recognized Stat Holidays based on your Region
- We exceed industry standards with our competitive base salaries
- Be more than an ‘Employee’ - take ownership through our equity program
- Bring your friends on board! Help grow our team of top performers and receive a cash bonus through our uncapped, generous Employee Referral Program
- If you grow, we grow! Your leaders at Owl will always facilitate your professional development throughout the journey with us.
- We know there is no blueprint for a team member’s needs. Enjoy flexibility in the workspace through our hybrid working model.
- Build relationships and work towards meeting shared goals in our collaborative team environment.
- Do you have a four-legged friend at home? Bring them into one of our dog friendly offices!
- Build your relationships on the team at one of our weekly pizza lunches or quarterly company-wide events!
- Coming into the office has its perks, including a variety of snacks, high quality coffee, and wine & beer on tap!