Owl.co is a software company that enables insurers to fight illegitimate claims at scale, while removing human bias from the process. Our clients are the top insurance companies across North America and are getting incredible results through our AI powered evidence-based platform. We are on a mission to bring state of the art ML and NLP methods to transform this traditionally manual activity into an equitable process. We are well-funded and have engineering offices in New York City, Toronto, and Vancouver.
About the Role:
We are looking for senior engineers who are ambitious and motivated to build intelligent products to fundamentally change current fraud detection practices at insurance companies. At Owl, you would lead the design, implementation, and production of some of the most impactful systems in the insurance industry.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate directly with the CTO and the rest of the engineering and product team to build products that delight our clients
- Work cross-functionally to solve challenging product problems
- Lead technical discussions and help drive technical decisions within the team
- Develop clear, well-documented, and maintainable code across the entire stack
- Mentor junior engineers and contribute to growth of the engineering team
- 3+ years of Software Engineering with experience in building full-stack applications
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Substantial experience leading products/features from inception to production
- Expert in the operational aspect of production
- Show an analytical and data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Experience in writing clear and concise planning and requirements documents
- Cross-functional teaming to create and lead solution roadmap
We offer a competitive base salary for the roles, which will be determined along with the amount of equity through the interview process and your exact roles and responsibilities.
- Medical: (100% paid for individuals), dental, vision, short - & long-term disability
- Pension: 401K match
- Recharge: 4 weeks of paid time off, additional sick days, and time off over the winter holidays
- Personal development: $1,200/year towards your fitness expenses, favorite activities, or professional development
- Hybrid working environment