At Owl, we tackle one of the most difficult challenges facing insurers around the globe—the right way. We are committed to using data and AI ethically, so insurers and their clients are comfortable with these technologies, and no longer have to pass the costs of malingering, exaggerated, and criminal claims onto their policyholders and bottom-line.
About the Role:
Owl is looking for a high performing Data Quality Analyst who is a self- starter with the ability to collaborate in a team environment. You will be responsible for providing effective data analysis and strategies to help deliver a proactive insurance fraud monitoring, detection, and prevention solution for our clients. This is a permanent position with strong career progression opportunities.
- Perform thorough insurance claim investigations for our clients by analyzing external claimant data from multiple open data sources to identify discrepancies, spot fraud, and eliminate suspicious activity.
- Ensure proper quality assurance by analyzing external claimant data for quality, completeness, and accuracy.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to analyze fraud risks, patterns, and product vulnerabilities; Recommend creative approaches to structuring and manipulating new data within our platform.
- Analyze the overall fact pattern of claims and synthesize data into a professional report with recommendations.
- Share ideas to improve the automation of the insurance fraud investigation process; identify and suggest product and process improvement, including creating scripts to automate certain processes.
- Work on ad-hoc exploratory projects where you are given a broad hypothesis and are asked to arrive at a conclusion.
- Drive efficiency and automation throughout our operations process.
- 2+ years experience working in the insurance or financial industry.
- 1+ years experience with investigating and analyzing insurance fraud, financial fraud, or financial crimes.
- Strong research and investigation skills with in- depth knowledge of public and subscription-based data sources.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both verbal and in writing with technical teams.
- Organized, structured thinker with the ability to exercise creative, outside-the-box thinking while conducting an investigation.
- Experience leveraging multiple open data sources in investigations.
- High capability of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Disciplined in time management with the stressor to be flexible based on caseload and case management.
- Must be physically located in Canada (with preference on hiring locations in Toronto and Vancouver)
Skills and Experience for Success in This Role:
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and patient.
- Self-motivated to explore and undertake new projects.
- Candidates with an OSINT (Open Source Intelligence) certification.
- Experience working in the legal and investigation industry.
- Experience and/or knowledge relating to technology-based fraud prevention solutions.
- Comprehensive understanding of the insurance industry and insurance fraud.
- Prior experience in insurance claim investigations, ideally in the specific fields of disability, workers compensation, or accident benefits (Property & Casualty).
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working hours + work-life balance
- Amazing culture of collaborative and passionate coworkers