Owl.co is a software company that enables insurers to fight illegitimate claims at scale while removing human bias from the process. Our clients are the top insurance companies across North America and are getting incredible results through our AI-powered evidence-based platform. We are on a mission to bring state-of-the-art ML and NLP methods to transform this traditionally manual activity into an equitable process. We are well-funded and have engineering offices in New York City, Toronto, and Vancouver.
About the Role:
We are looking for an ambitious and motivated Data Scientist to build creative and analytical solutions using machine learning methods and statistical analysis. You will be working across different functions, and the insights generated through your work will directly impact our products and the decisions made by these functions. Furthermore, your work will improve Owl’s data collection practices and the general analytics framework underpinning some of the most impactful systems in the insurance industry.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate directly with internal stakeholders to conduct impactful data analysis to meet customer needs
- Collaborate with ML/NLP engineers to develop/experiment with new and existing models
- Analyze user behavior from our platform to discover new features, trends, and insights aimed at improving our products
- Contribute to the development and direction of our analytics practices
- Devise experiments to improve internal processes, data collection, and ML models
- 5+ years of data science experience with a strong track record of applied project work in the industry
- Ph.D. in a quantitative or technical discipline
- Expertise in reporting, dashboard development, and data management
- killed in common data science tools and query languages such as python ,pandas, NumPy, seaborn, sklearn, and SQLStrong interpersonal and written skills Expertise in A/B testing, statistical analysis, and the theory/practice of working with applied ML
- Familiarity with AWS data services (Glue, Athena, QuickSight, etc.)
- We offer a competitive base salary for the roles, which will be determined along with the amount of equity through the interview process and your exact roles and responsibilities.
- As part of our benefits package, we offer:
- Medical: (100% paid for individuals, 80% for dependants), dental, vision, short - & long-term disability
- Pension: 401K match
- Recharge: 4 weeks of paid time off, additional sick days, and time off over the winter holidays
- Personal development: $1,200/year towards your fitness expenses, favorite activities, or professional development
- Hybrid working environment
Unfortunately, we cannot offer visas of any kind in the US at this time.