At Owl.co, we are a team of innovators who are on a mission to disrupt the status quo within the insurance industry by using artificial intelligence. We are a privacy-first fraud detection platform that empowers organizations to streamline claims processing and to unlock millions of dollars in reserves while promoting and enforcing individual privacy and convenience. Owl is currently working with many of the largest financial institutions in North America.
About the Role:
Owl is looking for a high performing Data Quality Analyst who is a self-starter with the ability to collaborate in a team environment. You will be responsible for providing effective data analysis and strategies to help deliver a proactive insurance fraud monitoring, detection, and prevention solution for our clients. This is a permanent position with strong career progression opportunities.
- Perform thorough insurance claim investigations for our clients by analyzing external claimant data from multiple open data sources to identify discrepancies, spot fraud, and eliminate suspicious activity.
- Ensure proper quality assurance by analyzing external claimant data for quality, completeness, and accuracy.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to analyze fraud risks, patterns, and product vulnerabilities; Recommend creative approaches to structuring and manipulating new data within our platform.
- Analyze the overall fact pattern of claims and synthesize data into a professional report with recommendations.
- Share ideas to improve the automation of the insurance fraud investigation process; identify and suggest product and process improvement, including creating scripts to automate certain processes.
- Work on ad-hoc exploratory projects where you are given a broad hypothesis and are asked to arrive at a conclusion.
- Drive efficiency and automation throughout our operations process.
- 2+ years’ experience working in the insurance or financial industry.
- 1+ years’ experience with investigating and analyzing insurance fraud, financial fraud, or financial crimes.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field of study.
- Experience in business process improvement.
- Strong research and investigation skills with in-depth knowledge of public and subscription-based data sources.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with technical teams.
- Organized, structured thinker with the ability to exercise creative, outside-the-box thinking while conducting an investigation.
- Experience leveraging multiple open data sources in investigations.
- High capability of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Disciplined in time management with the stressor to be flexible based on caseload and case management.
- Skills and Experience for Success in This Role:
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and patient.
- Self-motivated to explore and undertake new projects.
- Candidates with an OSINT (Open Source Intelligence) certification.
- Experience working in the legal and investigation industry.
- Experience and/or knowledge relating to technology-based fraud prevention solutions.
- Comprehensive understanding of the insurance industry and insurance fraud.
- Prior experience in insurance claim investigations, ideally in the specific fields of disability, workers compensation, or accident benefits (Property & Casualty).
- At Owl we recognize that your health is a priority, and we do our best to ensure you are well cared for through our Comprehensive Health, Vision & Dental Benefit Plan.
- Supplement your benefit plan with Owl’s Health Care Spending and Wellness Spending Account, available for you to use on additional healthcare, personal wellness expenses, and/or your favourite activities.
- Your professional career is only one chapter of your life - through our 401k matching program, we help get you set up for the future.
- As we all know, there needs to be a balance between work and life. Cultivate this balance with our generous PTO policy which includes;
- 20 Vacation Days
- 5 Sick/Personal Wellness Days
- Recognized Stat Holidays based on your Region
- Bring your friends on board! Help grow our team of top performers and receive a cash bonus through our uncapped, generous Employee Referral Program
- We know there is no blueprint for a team member’s needs. Enjoy flexibility in the workspace with this Fully Remote position.
- Build relationships and work towards meeting shared goals in our collaborative team environment.
- Do you have a four-legged friend at home? Bring them into one of our dog friendly offices!
- Build your relationships on the team at one of our weekly pizza lunches or quarterly company-wide events!
- Coming into the office has its perks, including a variety of snacks, high quality coffee, and wine & beer on tap!
- The annual salary for this position is $33,000.00 - $35,000.00 USD