At Owl.co, we are a team of innovators who are on a mission to disrupt the status quo within the insurance industry by using artificial intelligence. We are a privacy-first fraud detection platform that empowers organizations to streamline claims processing and to unlock millions of dollars in reserves while promoting and enforcing individual privacy and convenience. Owl is currently working with many of the largest financial institutions in North America.
We are seeking an Operations Manager who will be responsible for managing a team of data quality analysts in a fast-paced and growing startup environment. Reporting to the VP of Engineering (Data Science/ML), this role will work in partnership with Project Delivery Managers to deliver operational projects in tight time frames with attention to throughput and quality. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing team operations and developing the team to meet evolving resourcing needs to optimize content delivery for identifying potential false claims. He/She will be responsible for inspiring and motivating employees to perform at their best by creating a culture of teamwork while managing performance and incentives in a dynamic environment. This leader will motivate team members to produce high-quality and timely results, develop and mentor staff, identify and address points of friction, and find opportunities to expand or shift direction and processes in order to address expanding and evolving business needs and delivery expectations.
The Operations Manager will work closely with Project Delivery Managers, and thus manage team resources with joint goals and KPIs to ensure optimal delivery across the entire team portfolio. The successful candidate must enjoy learning and working in a fast-paced environment, mentoring and bringing out the best in others, crafting strong team incentives for project delivery success, and be adept at building a collaborative team culture focused on business outcomes.
- Manage an operational team with diverse levels of experience and backgrounds.
- Build an environment and operational models that enable the team to handle multiple, complex projects with competing demands.
- Create an inclusive culture, team cohesion and an expectation of prioritization for the greater organization. Foster collaboration, set clear expectations, and hold individuals and the team accountable for quality, outcomes, and behaviors.
- Identify and address performance issues or points of friction among team members and with stakeholders.
- Define and document scope of work in partnership with Project Delivery Managers. Ensure that team members understand and meet expectations.
- Motivate team members to perform at their best. Manage performance, support learning and career development.
- Partner with leadership in long term planning, recruiting & hiring, and training & development.
- Demonstrated track record of motivating teams to deliver high quality operational projects on time and on budget.
- Ability to create shared vision, inspire collaboration, and create cohesion across the organization.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities. Attention to detail.
- Experience setting goals and using data-driven metrics to incentivize outcomes and team performance. Familiarity with quality metrics and use of fundamental statistical measures to drive performance.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment.
- BA/BS degree and 5+ years of experience in a professional operations role.
- 3+ years managing teams of 20+. Experience with larger teams and experience managing teams with a variety of skill and experience levels strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem solving, good instincts, poise under pressure
- Ability to work effectively independently and with peers.
- Must be physically located in Toronto or Vancouver to enable routine touchpoints with the team.
- At Owl we recognize that your health is a priority, and we do our best to ensure you are well cared for through our fully paid Extended Health & Dental Benefit Plan.
- Supplement your benefit plan with Owl’s Health Care Spending and Wellness Spending Account, available for you to use on additional healthcare, personal wellness expenses, and/or your favourite activities.
- Your professional career is only one chapter of your life - through our RRSP matching program, we help get you set up for the future.
- As we all know, there needs to be a balance between work and life. Cultivate this balance with our generous PTO policy which includes;
- 20 Vacation Days
- 5 Sick/Personal Wellness Days
- Recognized Stat Holidays based on your Region
- We exceed industry standards with our competitive base salaries
- Bring your friends on board! Help grow our team of top performers and receive a cash bonus through our uncapped, generous Employee Referral Program
- If you grow, we grow! Your leaders at Owl will always facilitate your professional development throughout the journey with us.
- We know there is no blueprint for a team member’s needs. Enjoy flexibility in the workspace through our hybrid working model.
- Build relationships and work towards meeting shared goals in our collaborative team environment.
- Do you have a four-legged friend at home? Bring them into one of our dog friendly offices!
- Build your relationships on the team at one of our weekly pizza lunches or quarterly company-wide events!
- Coming into the office has its perks, including a variety of snacks, high quality coffee, and wine & beer on tap!