Unfortunately, we cannot offer visas of any kind in the US at this time.
Owl.co is a software company that enables insurers to fight illegitimate claims at scale while removing human bias from the process. Our clients are the top insurance companies across North America and are getting incredible results through our AI-powered evidence-based platform. We are on a mission to bring state-of-the-art ML and NLP methods to transform this traditionally manual activity into an equitable process. We are well-funded and have engineering offices in New York City, Toronto, and Vancouver.
About the Role:
We are looking for an ambitious and motivated Machine Learning Engineer to build the core intelligence behind products. You will be working across different functions – leading the design, implementation, and production of some of the most impactful systems in the insurance industry.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate directly with the CTO and the rest of the engineering team to build ML-powered systems and products
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to conduct impactful data analysis to meet customer needs
- Build models to classify and rank and annotate documents to power the core fulfillment engine
- Devise experiments to improve internal processes, data collection, and ML models
- Work cross-functionally to solve challenging product problems
- Lead technical discussions and help drive technical decisions within the team
- Develop clear, well-documented, and maintainable code across the entire stack
- Mentor junior engineers and contribute to growth of the engineering team
- Analyze user behavior from our platform to discover new features, trends, and insights aimed at improving our products
- Contribute to the development and direction of our analytics practices
- 5+ years of NLP and ML experience with a strong track record of applied project work in the industry
- Ph.D. in a quantitative or technical discipline
- Expertise in reporting, dashboard development, and data management
- Skilled in common data science tools and query languages such as python ,pandas, NumPy, seaborn, sklearn, and SQLStrong interpersonal and written skills Expertise in A/B testing, statistical analysis, and the theory/practice of working with applied ML
- Familiarity with AWS data services (Glue, Athena, QuickSight, etc.)
We offer a base salary of between $150,000 - $230,000 depending on experience, which will be determined along with the amount of equity through the interview process and your exact roles and responsibilities.
As part of our benefits package, we offer:
- Medical: (100% paid for individuals), dental, vision,
- Short - & long-term disability cover
- Pension: 401K match
- Recharge: 4 weeks of paid time off, additional sick days, and time off over the winter holidays
- Personal development: $1,200/year towards your fitness expenses, favorite activities, or professional development
- Hybrid working environment