At Owl, we tackle one of the most difficult challenges facing insurers around the globe—the right way. We are committed to using data and AI ethically, so insurers and their clients are comfortable with these technologies, and no longer have to pass the costs of malingering, exaggerated, and criminal claims onto their policyholders and bottom-line. We're venture-backed and have already acquired some of the largest insurers as paying clients.
Owl is seeking a versatile UX professional to advocate for what customers want, need and expect from the product we create. You will be comfortable working independently as well as part of a team to ideate, wireframe, prototype solutions and follow through to production to ensure these solutions are implemented as designed. You demonstrate a strong understanding in all UX areas including research, conceptualization, system modeling, UI design, prototyping, testing & validation. You have deep rooted design instincts and pride yourself on your technical understanding of software delivery. Your ability to apply design thinking enables you to solve complex problems while remaining flexible, adaptable and focused in sometimes ambiguous situations.
What you will do:
- Advocate for our customers by gaining a deep understanding of their work and the challenges they face
- Collaborate with design, research, product management, and engineering teams to deliver elegant and engaging end-to-end user experiences across multiple screens and input modalities.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers, their needs, and problems.
- Observe for unspoken clues to understand what
- Conduct face-to-face Interviews, either one-on-one or via focus groups and workshops.
- Design surveys to get client thoughts.
- Design and perform usability tests
- Organize and take part in conceptual work.
- Create flows visualizing interaction design and UX patterns.
- Deliver polished UX specifications and UI design assets for development.
- Follow and contribute to our design systems and processes.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with software development, midsize or larger SaaS environments preferred
- Degree in Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design or a related area (a combination of education and experience may substitute for a Master's degree.)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Understanding of current mobile and web technologies.
- Be organized, detail-oriented and results-driven and able to self-motivate under deadline constraints.
- Have a strong sense of human-centered design and how to apply it in practice.
- Proficiency in Figma, InVision, Sketch or Adobe XD (or equivalent tools). Experience with using design components and libraries.
- Motion design, prototyping, and UI coding skills are a plus.
- Able to be flexible in managing time.
A portfolio review is required. The portfolio showcases strong interaction and visual design skills across mobile, web and/or desktop platforms.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible working hours + work-life balance
- Beautiful workspace in Yaletown, Vancouver
- Amazing culture of collaborative and passionate coworkers